[Wvgc-go] Active?

levenick levenick at willamette.edu
Fri Jun 12 10:00:29 PDT 2015

… the silence here is symptomatic of the decline of go interest in Oregon…

As far as I can tell the most active club is Corvallis, and even they have seen less players lately.

I was struck, last fall, when the Portland Open Go Tournament attracted 32 players (which is pretty typical in recent years), and the Portland Marathon had 20,000 people running.  I guess people would rather run and train at running than play go and train at playing go?

Jim