[Wvgc-go] 8P wants to spend time in Portland

tsuki190 tsuki190 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 10:51:08 PST 2014

We should certainly be able to provide proof.  Any idea how to find out to
do it?

Tom

ps: I put a solution to running kgs in linux and windows in the life in
19x19 forum.
http://www.lifein19x19.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9213&start=0
Hopefully Bill will get settled in his new job and be able to update kgs to
work with current and future versions of java.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 11:58 PM, Darrell Malick
<darrell.malick at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Hua Yi Gang, 8P, and former President of the China Go Association is
> applying for a Green Card.  He wants to spend more time in Portland with
> his daughter.  He could be a real treasure for Oregon Go and US Go.
>
> US Immigration wants "proof" that if he gets his green card, he has plans
> to promote Go in the US.
>
> So, maybe the Portland Go Club could come up with a non-paid position for
> him?  (Glenn Peters?).
>
> Maybe KGS could use him in some capacity? (Akane?  WMS?)
>
> Maybe someone else has better ideas than me!
>
> There is a deadline on this, so if you could not procrastinate with any
> ideas or help, that would be great!
>
> Darrell Malick

http://livedesigns.co.nf/
Flexible document design and publishing for print, web, and video.