[Wvgc-go] Videos Portland children playing Go

peter.freedman at comcast.net peter.freedman at comcast.net
Tue Apr 23 22:22:56 PDT 2013

This is a link to two videos made by Portland-based Go player and filmmaker, Richard Blakeslee.

The first video is of the Irvington School Chess and Go Club, and includes interviews with some of the children.

http://vimeo.com/63596960

The second video is of a match played between Irvington Elementary School and Sun Montessori School.

http://vimeo.com/64689425

You can see these videos, and many photos of Portland kids playing Go on my facebook page.

Enjoy:)...and support our work!

We'd like to develop a Go city league in the Portland schools. Several schools are interested in starting clubs next year. We have received two donations totaling $3250 to support this effort. Donations are tax deductible. If you'd like to make a donation for this purpose, write on the check: 'schools program'. The club has a specific fund dedicated to this purpose. Money will support Go equipment, teaching materials, and teaching fees for non-volunteer teachers. FYI: This is not me feeding my own face...All the work I do is volunteer:)

Let me know if you want more information about our work teaching children Go in the Portland metropolitan area.

Peter Freedman
Club Organizer
Portland Go Club

Checks to:
Portland Go Club
c/o Peter Freedman
1710 SW Harbor Way unit 303
Portland, OR 97201

"To write the number of positions on a Go board of 361 points we will have to use the word 'ten thousand' 52 times."