[Wvgc-go] Children's Go in Portland

peter.freedman at comcast.net peter.freedman at comcast.net
Tue Apr 2 13:26:44 PDT 2013

1. We will have a new program at Barnes Elementary School in Washington County for the next term as part of their afterschool program. 11 children have signed up for a Go class.

2. Richard Blakeslee, local Go player and film-maker, is doing some filming of our program at Irvington Elementary School. Pending parent releases I'll share a link to the video.

3. Two upcoming children's matches.

April 21st: Sunstone Montesorri vs Irvington Elementary School, 2 pm, Mt. Tabor Church.
Late May: rematch with our friends in Mexico City.

4. Go homestay! Some of our friends from Mexico City are planning a homestay in Portland on their way to the Congress this August in Tacoma.

Children's Go...alive and thriving in Portland, OR:)

Peter

"To write the number of positions on a Go board of 361 points we will have to use the word 'ten thousand' 52 times."