[Wvgc-go] Seattle Events 9-15 and 9-23

Brian Allen bkaphoto at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 14 10:26:55 PDT 2012

Dear Neighbors,

If you have a trip planned to Seattle this weekend, please note that we have two visiting pros from the Nihon Ki-in giving simuls on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. at the Go Center. They are Hiroshi Yamashiro 9p and Hiroki Shinkai 5p.  If you want to reserve a spot just send me an email.  ($10 donation suggested.)

You are also invited to our Anniversary Party on Saturday 9-15 at 6:00 p.m.  This will feature barbeque, sushi, and a koto performance by "Silk Strings".  The representatives from the Nihon Ki-in will be there, along with Andy Okun, president of the AGA.
We are asking for potluck side dishes or beverages, but don't worry too much about that -- there will be plenty of food and drink.

Mr. Yamashiro and Ms. Shinkai will also give a free lecture Sunday evening 9-16, at 7:00 p.m., at the Seattle Go Center.

We will have our Anniversary Tournament the following Sunday, 9-23.  Registration is at noon.  (There is no advance registration.)  There will be a total of $500 in prizes, with a $150 prize for the first place in the open section.

As usual, you can get the details by clicking on a listing in our event calendar at:
http://www.seattlego.org/events/

We also send out announcements through google groups, about 7 messages a week.  Feel free to join by finding "seattlego" at google groups.

Cheers,
Brian Allen
manager at seattlego.org