[Wvgc-go] Janice Kim to teach in Portland!

peter.freedman at comcast.net peter.freedman at comcast.net
Tue Jan 3 21:47:52 PST 2012

Janice Kim 2P will teach Go in Portland at Lewis and Clark College Friday, April 6th through Sunday, April 8th. The schedule and pricing is below. Reserve your slot by paying your fee.

Janice's plan is to organize 5 sessions: Friday night, Sat. morning and afternoon, and Sunday morning and afternoon, around themes suitable for both kyu and dan players. She has asked us to submit games (sgf files) to her well in advance of the workshop. She will review the games, develop themes based on our games, and bring us each a workbook to the seminar. You can send the games to her email address above. Games analyzed in the workbook will be anonymous.

Pricing will be $25 for each of the five sessions, or, a discounted price of $100 for the whole weekend. Each session will be independent and on a different theme.

I am excited by the unique organization of this seminar, and hope you will be too.

For those of you unfamiliar with Janice, she hails from New Mexico and is the only American-born woman pro. Her presentations at Go Congresses are always well-attended and enthusiastically received. At one time she wrote 'Life in B League' in the US Go Journal about her experiences and games playing as a pro in Korea. It was funny, self-effacing, and instructive. I guarantee a fun, educational weekend if you attend this workshop.

A special thanks to Peter Drake, the Lewis and Clark Go club, and the college, for hosting this event.

SIGN UP NOW!!!

	Cost for the event is as follows:

	Per session: $25 (5 sessions)
Full Weekend: $100 (5 sessions)

	College student rate: 50% off

	Child/youth rate: 75% off

Your payment guarantees you a spot. First come, first serve, priority to full weekend registrants.

Please make checks payable to:

Portland Go Club
c/oPeter Freedman
1710 SW Harbor Way #303
Portland, OR 97201

Registration limited to 25.

Peter Freedman, for the
Portland Go Club

"Saying 'just one game'they began to play...That was yesterday"