[Wvgc-go] Janice Kim Pro Workshop

peter.freedman at comcast.net peter.freedman at comcast.net
Sun Apr 1 18:18:33 PDT 2012

Several people have asked for this info, so I'm reposting. This workshop is sold out.

See y'all this weekend:)

Peter

Announcing Janice Kim 3P Weekend Workshop April 6 - 8, 2012!

For those of you unfamiliar with Janice, she hails from New Mexico and is the only

American-born woman pro. Her presentations at Go Congresses are always well-attended

and enthusiastically received. At one time she wrote 'Life in B League' in the US Go Journal

about her experiences and games playing as a pro in Korea. It was funny, self-effacing,

and instructive. I guarantee a fun, educational weekend if you attend this workshop.

Venue: Lewis and Clark College. Albany 218 and 220. Free Parking.

Janice's plan is to organize 5 sessions: Friday night, Sat. morning and afternoon, and Sunday morning and afternoon, around themes suitable for both kyu and dan players. She has asked us to submit games (sgf files) to her < janice at janicekim.com > well in advance of the workshop. She will review the games, develop themes based on our games, and bring us each a workbook. Games analyzed in the workbook will be anonymous.

Friday night: 7:15 - 10:15 (Session 1)

Saturday: 9 am – noon. Lunch 12 – 1. 1 – 5 pm (Sessions 2 and 3)

Sunday: Same schedule as Saturday. (Sessions 4 and 5)

Pricing is $25 for each of the five sessions, or, a discounted price of $100 for the whole weekend.

Each session will be independent and on a different theme. College Students: 50% discount, children

and youth, 75% off.

PAY NOW TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPOT!!!

Your payment guarantees you a spot. First come, first serve, priority to full weekend registrants. Please include your playing rank. Make checks payable to:

Portland Go Club

c/oPeter Freedman

1710 SW Harbor Way #303

Portland, OR 97201