[Wvgc-go] Portland Tournament -- where are the kyus?

Peter Drake drake at lclark.edu
Fri Sep 30 09:04:05 PDT 2011

I'm probably going to order prizes for the Portland Tournament early next week. I need to know my budget, so I need to know how many people will be there. If there is AT LEAST A 50% CHANCE that you will attend, please sign up here:

https://www.goclubs.org/dbm/Tlogin.php

So far I've only got 15 attendees -- but that includes no less than FOUR 6-dans! Your mere proximity to this much power should make you stronger. Sign up now!

Details on the tournament are included below.

Peter Drake
http://www.lclark.edu/~drake/

Portland Go Tournament

October 29-30, 2011 Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR

Come play 5 rounds of AGA-rated Go! This is a handicap tournament, so you can expect some exciting, close games no matter your rank.

Prizes (merchandise, lessons, or cash) will be awarded for:

	• Top three dan players
	• Top three single-digit kyu players
	• Top three double-digit kyu players
	• Top youth player (18 and under)
	• Top female player
TO REGISTER: E-mail Peter Drake (drake at lclark.edu) with the following information:

	• Name
	• AGA # (if you have one)
	• AGA Rank (if you have one)
	• Estimated Rank (IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN AGA RANK; explain where your estimate comes from, e.g., IGS, KGS, China...)
REGISTRATION FEE: $15 if you've preregistered, $25 otherwise, no registration fee for Lewis & Clark students and players under 18. ALL players must also either be a AGA members (you can join at the tournament for $30) or pay a one-tournament membership fee of $10.

All fees are paid by cash or check on the day of the tournament.

LOCATION: Albany 218 and 220 on the campus of Lewis & Clark College. Note that THIS IS NOT THE SAME BUILDING AS LAST YEAR. Maps:

http://www.lclark.edu/GENERAL/MAPS/

SCHEDULE:

Saturday, October 29
8:00 AM	Registration
9:15 AM	Round 1
1:00 PM	Round 2
4:00 PM	Round 3

Sunday, October 30
9:15 AM	Round 4
1:00 PM	Round 5
4:00 PM	Award Ceremony
TRANSPORTATION: Parking on campus is free on the weekends. If you're coming from downtown Portland, you can take the Pioneer Express shuttle bus:

http://www.lclark.edu/offices/transportation_and_parking/shuttle/

(Note that the shuttle route has changed slightly from last year.)

FOOD: Bon Appetit has a monopoly contract for all catering on campus, so it's a very bad deal for us to order coffee. Instead, we've discovered that there is a coffee shop (Maggie's) open on campus. The Fields Dining Room is also open for a buffet lunch. Info on both can be found here:

http://www.cafebonappetit.com/lewisandclark/

Note that Maggie's doesn't open until 10:00 AM on the weekend, so if you need an infusion of caffeine before your first round, bring something along.