[Wvgc-go] Portland Go Tournament, Oct. 29-30: players and volunteers needed

Peter Drake drake at lclark.edu
Thu Sep 1 09:42:36 PDT 2011

The biggest Oregon tournament of the year is coming up. You can feel the excitement in the air -- the stores are already putting out the candy!

Here are the first players to sign up:

Rank	Last	First
-2	Cundall	Trey
-3	Suson	Andrew
-6	Drake	Peter
-6	Brown	Frank
-8	Johnson	James

We need more, including some Dan players! If you plan to attend, please email me:

Name
AGA # (if you have one)
AGA Rank (if you have one)
Estimated Rank (IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN AGA RANK; explain where your estimate comes from, e.g., IGS, KGS, China...)

It's important that people sign up soon -- I'll have to order prizes, and for that I need to know how much I'll be taking in. The Lewis & Clark club is contributing $100 to the prize pool, so hopefully I can get some good stuff.

On that note, if you have any prizes to donate, please let me know. I'm also looking for suggestions. Is there a book you think every player should have? (I'm a fan of Life and Death and recently enjoyed the Nihon Ki-in Handbook of Proverbs.) Have you found a place that sells 8" kaya gobans for $50?

We'll need volunteers to bring food and Go sets. Who's with me?

I also need EVERYONE to help by spreading the word. Let's make this the biggest Portland tournament ever!

Peter Drake
http://www.lclark.edu/~drake/