[Wvgc-go] Guo Juan workshop (June 25/26)

Robert O'Malley omalleyr at science.oregonstate.edu
Thu Jun 16 09:16:06 PDT 2011

Hey all

We're in the middle of the juggling act, trying to get the best
match-ups possible for game reviews.  There are two different openings
available if you are still interested in participating in the workshop
with Guo Juan on the last weekend of this month:

(1)  one ~15K player (15k aga or kgs rating) -- we just lost a 15k
(unexpected trip back east has come up) so we have a 16k kgs player
without someone to play games for review during the workshop.  If you
can be at Salem on the 25th and 26th, and would like to have lessons on
the middle game and game reviews, please get hold of me.

(2)  one ~10K player *and* a single digit kyu or shodan player -- we
have an ~10k who will be having H4 games with the 6ks, but a lower
handicap would be better.  However, if we add one player, we need to add
another, to make sure we have an even number of participants.

cost is $120 for both days, and we're having a potluck dinner Saturday
evening.  The location is Salem, which allows players from Portland to
Eugene to participate and still get back home each day if they wish
(that's what I'll be doing from Corvallis).

Ms. Guo will give us four lectures over the two days, and the plan is
for each player to play four games for review.  Right now, the first
group has six players, ranging from 6D to 2k, and the second group has
six players, ranging from 2k to 11k (and a 16k available).

If you are interested in either (1) or (2), please get hold of me.

thanks

Bob O'Malley

participants aga strength:  6d, 6d, 3d, 3d, 1k, 2k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 6k, 6k,
11k, and 19k aga (now 16k kgs)