[Wvgc-go] Myung Wan Kim's visit to Portland

peter.freedman at comcast.net peter.freedman at comcast.net
Wed Sep 22 06:36:35 PDT 2010

1. If you are planning to come, I need your rank before the workshop! (ie, pls email me:) The following people have registered by paying their registration fee.

	Gordon Castanza 7k

	Glenn Peters 1d

	Cynthia Gaty 6k

	Peter Freedman, 2d

	Bill Stark (Chester), 1k

	Raymond King
	Jim Levenick, 3d

	Peter Drake 7k

	Dylan Wiggins

If I have your rank wrong, please correct me.

Please note: There is one more space for the simul game with Mr. Kim on Fri. night, and it will go to the next person who sends me their registration fee.

2. We have our exact space at Reed College. It is Conference Rooms C and D in the Grey Campus Center. Click here for a map:

http://www.reed.edu/facilities_and_grounds/reed_static_map.html

3. If you have not yet registered, here's what you need to do:

Please write your check to the Portland Go Club, note what
	you are paying for, and send it to:
	PGC
	Att:Peter Freedman
	1710 SW Harbor Way #303
	Portland, OR 97201
4. The following people have expressed interest, but have not yet registered:

	Interested 	Fri. Only
	Michael Alford 	Wendy Gleason
	Troy Wahl

	Ben Hakala

	Rick Steinfeld

	Jon Roberson

	Doug Cable

	Jim Johnson

5. You may be getting dual notices - one from the willamette valley listserv and one from my list of nw go players. I apologize for this.

6. Reposting information about the event:

Register Now for a Workshop with Myung Wan 9D Kim the weekend of November 12th through 14th

Schedule

Friday night:

7 PM Lecture

8:30 Simul play with Myung Wan Kim (1st ten people
to register).

Sat. and Sun. Combination of lectures and game review.

9-12:30, lunch break, continues 1:30-5, both days

Join Mr. Kim for dinner on Sat. night.

Cost

Full weekend:

Adults: $100
Full-time college students: $50
Children (12 and under): $25

Daily rates:

Friday night

Lecture

Adults: $15
Full-time college students and children: $10

Simultaneous game with pro: $10 (max. 10 persons, first 10 to register for the full weekend get first choice)

Saturday and Sunday, per day:

Adults: $60
Full-time college students: $30
Children (12 and under): $15

Venue: Reed College, details to follow
"Fly (insert airline name here). We will get you somewhere, sometime, someday...maybe."