[Wvgc-go] Go Club Minutes

peter.freedman at comcast.net peter.freedman at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 21:42:07 PDT 2010

Veg,

I did not see these posted...Here they are again.

Peter

Portland Go Club Board Meeting

Minutes: 5/22/10

In Attendance: President Glenn Peters, VP akane Negishi, Secretary Bill Corry, Coordinator Peter Freedman, Cynthia Gaty

New Pro Workshop Coming!!! Improve your Go!!!

Mark your calendar for the weekend of November 12th through 14th . MyungWan, 9D pro has agreed to come.

Schedule: Specific times and details to come later. Brief overview:

Friday night: Lecture followed by simul play with Myung Wan (1st ten people to register).

Sat. and Sun. Combination of lectures and game review.

Cost:

Full weekend:

Adults: $100

Full-time college students: $50

Children (12 and under): $25

Daily rates:

Friday night lecture

Adults: $15

Full-time college students and children: $10

Simultaneous game with pro: $10 (max. 10 persons)

Saturday and Sunday, per day:

Adults: $60

Full-time college students: $30

Children (12 and under): $15

Venue: To be announced

To register please write your check to the Portland Go Club, note what you are paying for, and send it to:

PGC
Att:Peter Freedman

1710 SW Harbor Way #303

Portland, OR 97201

Go activities in Portland: Summary

Youth Go, from Peter F. and Fritz:

Irvington School Chess and Go Club finished meeting at the end of April. About 40 children played Go (on KGS) and Chess on alternate weeks.

The Milwaukee Waldorf School Go club will finish in a few weeks. 15-20 children participated with a core group of 5. 150 were introduced to Go.

Glencoe was a small group. About 6-8.

Winterhaven was about 7 in the fall, down from about 15 in the spring.

Sunstone has average 10 this past year. With another ten or so who have attended at least one class.

The go salon has had a few younger players. While the Tabor Space club has seen only about 7-8 different kids this past fall with only one fairly regular customer (marty)

Regular Go Gathering in Portland

The Lucky Lab Tavern on Saturday afternoons

The Mt Tabor Open space on Sunday afternoons

Powell's bookstore on Tuesday evenings

The Bamboo Garden on Wednesday evenings

Reed, PCC and Lewis and Clark during the school year

Upcoming tournaments

The Oregon Open and Corvallis: Watch this GoListServ for information.

Go Outreach.

The Chinese Gardens on the 1st Sunday of each month - volunteers needed! Contact Glenn.

Peter and Fritz taught beginners at the Epworth Methodist Church

Glenn had booths at Japanese cultural events - Children's Day, New Year's and the annual JASO Japan Festival.

Finances.

Quarterly report from Doug Cable: We have about $3000 in our local bank account, and about $7500 in our AGA account.

Next Meeting: Saturday, August 21st, 1:30 Lucky Lab, Oregon Go players are invited to come.

"Fly (insert airline name here). We will get you somewhere, sometime, someday...maybe."