[Computer-go] CGOS source on github

Hiroshi Yamashita yss at bd.mbn.or.jp
Mon Jan 18 12:13:29 PST 2021

Hi,

> The Elo statistical model is wrong when different kind of programs play against

I have a similar experience.
I calculated Japanese Shogi women pro rating before.
The strongest woman, Ichiyo Shimizu, her rating is 1578 Elo.
Her winrate against men pros is 18%(163 games), and against women pro is 65%(523 games).
Her rating without women pros game is 1286 Elo.
There is 292(=1578 - 1286) Elo difference.
It is because usually women pros play with women pros. Women pros vs men pros are rare.

I think similar thing happens on CGOS. There are three eras, Zen, LeelaZero and KataGo.
Number of Zen vs LeelaZero games are a little.
CrazyStone-18.04 rate maybe depend on Zen-15.7-3c1g.
http://www.yss-aya.com/cgos/19x19/cross/CrazyStone-18.04.html

Zen's absence is maybe a reason of this drift.

Thanks,
Hiroshi Yamashita