[Computer-go] Hosting mid-level bots on CGOS

Martin Mueller mmueller at ualberta.ca
Thu Mar 15 12:13:33 PDT 2018

> We're thinking about putting Pachi, Fuego, and the like on CGOS. I have a
> few questions:
> - Are the authors okay with us using our own compute resources to put their
> bots up on CGOS?
> - Do people have recommended hardware / configuration settings to run these
> bots?

Hello Brian,
I can speak for Fuego.
You are welcome to put Fuego back on CGOS.
I recommend that you use the current svn version, not the 1.1 release.
You can think of the current svn version as Fuego 2.0, even though I never made an official release with that number.
Fuego profits from more CPU cores and memory, but not from GPU.
For configuration, you can start with sample scripts in
fuego/tools/cgos
and pick/modify from there. I haven’t run them in years so they most likely need tweaking.

	Martin