[Computer-go] Hosting mid-level bots on CGOS

Brian Lee brian.kihoon.lee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 21:27:44 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I remember that when I first got started out and put a fledgling MuGo on
CGOS, I was discouraged at the vast gulf between GnuGo and the high-dan
bots. Now that CGOS is flooded with all sorts of NN-based bots that have
very similar playstyles and weaknesses, the Minigo team has been wishing
dearly for a classical bot that's somewhere between GnuGo and the top-tier
bots.

We're thinking about putting Pachi, Fuego, and the like on CGOS. I have a
few questions:
- Are the authors okay with us using our own compute resources to put their
bots up on CGOS?
- Do people have recommended hardware / configuration settings to run these
bots?

Brian