[Computer-go] PUCT formula

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Fri Mar 9 18:35:55 PST 2018

Thanks for the explanation. I agree that there is no actual consistency in exploration terms across historical papers.

I confirmed that the PUCT formulas across the AG, AGZ, and AZ papers are all consistent. That is unlikely to be an error. So now I am wondering whether the faster decay is useful for bootstrapping the learner. A short search (800 trials) can run out of trials if it sticks with its first thought for too long.

So... following GCP's advice, I will adopt the AGZ formula as published. And not worry much about it, as MM advises.  :-)

Many thanks to all.