[Computer-go] PUCT formula

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Thu Mar 8 09:47:05 PST 2018

In the AGZ paper, there is a formula for what they call “a variant of the PUCT algorithm”, and they cite a paper from Christopher Rosin: http://gauss.ececs.uc.edu/Workshops/isaim2010/papers/rosin.pdf

But that paper has a formula that he calls the PUCB formula, which incorporates the priors in a different way.

And there is something called the PUCT algorithm, from our old friend Olivier Teytaud (et al): https://hal.inria.fr/hal-00835352/document/, but it is not about incorporating prior probabilities. It is about progressive widening in a provably consistent way.

I recall that someone investigated this question, but I don’t recall the result. What is the formula that AGZ actually uses?