[Computer-go] 9x9 is last frontier?

Dan dshawul at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:34:05 PST 2018

Hi Ingo,

There is actually no randomness in the algorithm, just like AlphaZero's.
It is the same algorithm as a recursive alpha-beta searcher, with the only
difference being the rollouts version examines
one leaf  per episode (one path from root to leaf). This opens the door for
mixing alpha-beta with MCTS; some have already
used is an  MCTS-ab algorithm that does exactly this. At the leaves, I call
a qsearch() for evaluation whereas AlphaZero uses
Value Network (no playouts ).

Daniel