[Computer-go] AI Ryusei 2018 result

Hiroshi Yamashita yss at bd.mbn.or.jp
Tue Dec 18 14:19:55 PST 2018

Hi,

Our program Natsukaze also used Leela Zero recent 700000 selfplay games
  to train DNN.
Ladder escape moves(4% of total games) are removed, and chasing not
  ladder(0.3%) also removed. But its DNN policy was weak, around CGOS 2100.

Maybe it is because current LZ selfplay use t=1 not first 30 moves but all moves.
I did not know this. I think this makes selfplay weaker +1000 Elo.

Switch to t=1 for all self-play moves, i.e., randomcnt=999
https://github.com/gcp/leela-zero-server/pull/81

Thanks,
Hiroshi Yamashita