[Computer-go] AlphaGo Zero SGF - Free Use or Copyright?

Robert Jasiek jasiek at snafu.de
Sat Oct 28 07:36:32 PDT 2017

On 28.10.2017 11:13, Petri Pitkanen wrote:
> Exactly verbalized rules lose to pure analysis power.

(I think with "verbalised" you mean "codified in writing", with "pure
analysis power" you mean "volume of reading, calculation, sampling or NN
processing".)

Rules are not meant to win or lose against "pure analysis power" but to
use it when necessary and unavoidable, e.g., tactical reading when
clarifying L+D status. A rule can be "Consider an attack if the L+D
status is 'unsettled'" but also tactical reading determines that status.

> Human intuition is trained with endless repetition.

IMO, intuition does not exist; it is nothing but an excuse for not
understanding subconscious or currently unobservable thinking yet. Can
we speak of human subconscious thinking, please?

Subconscious thinking can be trained by learning rules, practising
problems etc. Conscious, explicit thinking can be trained by learning
rules, practising problems etc. So what do you want to say?

--
robert jasiek