[Computer-go] AlphaGo Zero SGF - Free Use or Copyright?

david.ongaro at hamburg.de david.ongaro at hamburg.de
Tue Oct 24 03:42:33 PDT 2017

On 2017-10-23 at 23:56, Thomas Rohde  wrote:
> On 2017-10-23 at 19:15, Xavier Combelle  wrote:
>
> > Hi Robert Jasiek,
>> > you might have a delusional way to see the game of go and life,
>
> this is quite an insult
Do you consider Robert's style of discussion "kind"? I for my part do
not.

I'm not saying that Robert's research in the area of Go corner cases
doesn't have any value, it certainly has. One probably needs a certain
kind of dedication to do it. But trying to bend every topic into this
area is more often than not uncalled for.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's a certain kind of arrogance,
resulting from the fact of knowing more than anybody else about a
certain area in Go. But in the end it doesn't matter what it is, we
all have our faults. What matters is that I very seldom saw a
discussion with Robert lead to anything.

David