[Computer-go] AlphaGo Zero SGF - Free Use or Copyright?

"Ingo Althöfer" 3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de
Mon Oct 23 01:06:50 PDT 2017

"Petri Pitkanen" <petri.t.pitkanen at gmail.com> wrot:
>  They are free to use in any attribution. Game score is a reflection of
> historical fact and hence not copyrightable.

"reflection of historical fact" concerns games that were played
in public. Over the decades, there were several investigations
(and even Master theses) concerning copyright issues on chess
master games, played in public tournaments. In all cases (known to me)
the conclusion was "they are free to use".

The case with private games (like in this case those of AG-0)
was not discussed.

Just my 2 Cent, Ingo.