[Computer-go] it's alphago

Hiroshi Yamashita yss at bd.mbn.or.jp
Fri Jan 6 01:39:01 PST 2017

If value net is the most important part for over pro level, the problem is making strong selfplay games.

1. make 30 million selfplay games.
2. make value net.
3. use this value net for selfplay program.
4. go to (1)

I don't know when the progress will stop by this loop.
But if once strong enough selfplay games are published, everyone can make pro level program.
30 million is big number. It needs many computers.
Computer Go community may be able to share this work.
I can offer Aya, it is not open-source though. Maybe Ray(strongest open source so far)  is better choice.

Thanks,
Hiroshi Yamashita