[Computer-go] Tygem

dave.devos at planet.nl dave.devos at planet.nl
Mon Feb 6 15:26:14 PST 2017

I'm not sure what you mean by "the apparent level of players that participate".
I've never played there, but it seems pros do play there, so that would indicate that indeed the top level is very high.
But it also seems that you should not let the high dan ranks of Tygem player fool you. On various fora, people seem to agree that Tygem dan ranks are about 4 ranks higher than EGF dan ranks for the same skill level. So a Tygem 7d would be about 3d EGF and a Tygem 4d would be about 1d EGF.
KGS ranks are different again (and have also changed over the years). AFAIK, currently a 1d EGF would be about 1d KGS, but a 7d EGF is would be 9d KGS. So the gaps between EGF ranks and KGS ranks differ.
Dave