[Computer-go] Mastering Chess and Shogi by Self-Play with a General Reinforcement Learning Algorithm

Marc Landgraf mahrgell87 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 09:25:42 PST 2017

There is not much to achieve there though.

It is expected that an AI will be able to outplay a Human opponent simply
on micro tricks. Perfect single unit micromanagment across the entire map
can easily gain a large enough edge, that the strategic decision making
with imperfect information doesn't have to reach too high levels.
So most likely any win the AI will achieve will be discredited by the Human
players due to this.