[Computer-go] Mastering Chess and Shogi by Self-Play with a General Reinforcement Learning Algorithm

"Ingo Althöfer" 3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de
Wed Dec 6 10:14:09 PST 2017

"Joshua Shriver" <jshriver at gmail.com> asked:
> What about arimaa?

My personal impression: Arimaa should be rather easy for the
AlphaZero approach.

My questions:
* How well does the AlphaZero approach
perform in Non-zero-sum games?
(or in games with more than two players)

* How well does the AlphaZero approach
perform in games with a robot component
(for instance in Frisbee Go)?
https://www.althofer.de/robot-play/frisbee-robot-go.jpg

* How well does AlphaZero perform in games where "we"
know the best moves by mathematical analysis (for instance
the Nim game), or where we know that the second player
has a mirror strategy to secure a draw?

Ingo.

PS. For a long time I thought that Boston Dynamics was
the best horse in Google's staple. But it seems that
DeepMind was and is better...