[Computer-go] Alphago and solving Go

Marc Landgraf mahrgell87 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 10:21:16 PDT 2017

And what is the connection between the number of "positions" and the number
of games or even solving games? In the game trees we do not care about
positions, but about situations. For the game tree it indeed matters whos
turn it is, which moves are legal, and if super-ko rules are used which
positions are legal and which aren't. It will be tough to solve the game
even for a single position without having this information.

I'm actually surprised that this "absurd" to you...