[Computer-go] Alphago and solving Go

David Wu lightvector at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 07:31:22 PDT 2017

* A little but not really.
* No, and as far as we can tell, never. Even 7x7 is not rigorously solved.
* Unknown.
* Against Go-God (plays move that maximizes score margin, breaking ties by
some measure of the entropy needed to build the proof tree relative to a
human-pro-level policy net), I guess upper bound at 5 stones, likely less.
Against Go-Devil (plays moves that maximizes win chance against *you*, has
omniscient knowledge of all your weaknesses and perfect ability to forecast
when you would have a brainfart and blunder), unknown, probably a bit more
than vs Go-God.