[Computer-go] Bug with resigned games in gogui-twogtp

valkyria at phmp.se valkyria at phmp.se
Wed Sep 7 09:42:37 PDT 2016

Hi,

I just think I found a bug in twogtp 1.4.8 (windows), using the
-alternate flag and two programs that always resign if losing.

Basically the winner is wrong in the SGF files, and also in the logs.
The bug seems to happen only for odd games. It is easy to see because
when a program resigns the other progtam that played the last move
should be the winner.

So by loading sgf's and go to the end of the game, the winner of the
game should always be the player who played last.

I also inspected the GTP logs with -verbose and verfied that the program
resigned correctly.

I post this here because this may affect a lot of go programmer who has
might have random noise in test results that might be hard to notice.
(Also was not able to find out quickly where to post on GoGui website).

Best
Magnus Persson