[Computer-go] World Go Championship

Hideki Kato hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp
Tue Nov 29 07:14:59 PST 2016

Some kind of invitation, yes.  Top players from countries and AI
community.  They announced that they will continue this tournament at
least three years.  So, if there will be many strong programs, all
(but one from a country) will be invited, I guess.

Hideki

valkyria at phmp.se: <47dc43d9bcbbac1ff0e49729dfd4c261 at phmp.se>:
>Could be, but the next UEC Cup will be last... so maybe this will be

>some kind of invitational event.

>Magnus

>On 2016-11-29 15:52, Michael Markefka wrote:

>> Just a wild guess, but I assume they'll go for the latest winner of

>> the UEC Cup as far as AI entrants are concerned.

>> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 3:46 PM, "Ingo Althöfer"

>> <3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de> wrote:

>>> Hi Hideki,

>>> that sounds very interesting.

>>> which

>>> Big questions:

>>> * Where can computer programmers apply on behalf of their bots?

>>> * Will there be a qualifier tournament for bots?

>>> Looking forward to this event with big eyes,

>>> Ingo.

Hideki Kato <mailto:hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp>