[Computer-go] Time policy

Gonçalo Mendes Ferreira gonmf at sapo.pt
Fri Nov 4 02:02:18 PDT 2016

I similarly use C x (T / E) in matilda, with
C = 1.24
T = time left on current period (absolute or byo yomi)
E = argmax(estimate of game length divided by two ; 19) or byo yomi stones remaining

The length estimate ir around 2/3 of the board points.

It lacks the decision to expend a byo yomi period in more difficult positions.