[Computer-go] Question on TPU hardware

David Fotland fotland at smart-games.com
Sat May 21 07:59:27 PDT 2016

I don’t expect AlphaGo will be available at any price, but I expect similar strength programs will be running on high end PCs in a few years. The AlphaGo team has done an outstanding job of exploring the solution space and showing us the way.  Others can now tweak and optimize and find more efficient ways to get similar results with much less expensive hardware.

David