[Computer-go] Congratulations to Zen!

Gian-Carlo Pascutto gcp at sjeng.org
Tue May 10 06:09:53 PDT 2016

On 10-05-16 00:14, Erik van der Werf wrote:
> Oh that's silly! IIRC if your bot is not ranked than users can do all
> kind of cheating in the scoring phase (e.g., mark all your living stones
> dead).

I've not observed this behavior so far. Perhaps because in an unranked
game there's no rating to lose anyway.

I suspect that for estimating a good enough rating to seed a tournament
it would work fine. But I understand from Nick's post that it doesn't
matter because he can't "input" the ratings into the McMahon pairing
software.

--
GCP