[Computer-go] COmputer Olympiads 2016 and 2011

Hideki Kato hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp
Sat May 7 14:57:44 PDT 2016

Thanks Ingo for the nice photos,

The nice guy in the photo of "Go programmers" is Jun'ichi
Hashimoto from JAIST (without glasses; photo with glasses
http://www.gamebusiness.jp/article/2010/09/07/2094.html,
although looks very differently :).  He was visiting Tilburg
univ for his doctor thesis (with Jaap?) in 2011 and worked
harder for the events as a staff.

He also had a talk on "Accelerated UCT and Its Application to
Two-Player Games" in ACG2011
(http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-642-31866-5_1,
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e07f/bdc8ddb7df3d03fd6e0f765815b761e9deed.pdf).

Best, Hideki