[Computer-go] June KGS bot tournament: 9x9

Nick Wedd maproom at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 13:19:48 PDT 2016

The June KGS bot tournament will start on Sunday, June 19th, at 08:00 UTC
and end by 14:40 UTC.  It will use 9x9 boards, with time limits of 9
minutes each plus very fast Canadian overtime, and komi of 7.  See
http://www.gokgs.com/tournInfo.jsp?id=1044

It will be a Swiss tournament, as usual.  My investigation of the McMahon
format, as implemented on KGS, found no advantage over Swiss, and some
disadvantages.

Please register by emailing me, with the words "KGS Tournament Registration"
in the email title, at maproom at gmail.com .

Nick
Nick Wedd      maproom at gmail.com