[Computer-go] Commercial Go software and high-end users

"Ingo Althöfer" 3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de
Wed Jun 1 10:11:52 PDT 2016

Hi David,

"David Ongaro" <david.ongaro at hamburg.de>
> ...  I guess you already have to be a quite strong player in
> order to see these nuggets in a sea of weaker moves...

* likely we are speaking about different things. By "analysis"
I mainly mean analysis of own games, not analysis of other
games (between stronger players).
(Example Gerhard Knop: 4-kyu in over-the-board, but 9-dan
in correspondence go with computer help)

* An analyst does not always have to see everything correctly.
It is enough, wenn the computer help improves over his skills
als a singular analyst.

> Note that I'm not singing in this strange chorus of
> disappointment over CS performance in the game against Haylee.

I fully subscribe to this. Such games simply happen.
My concerns are that a strong engine (let it be CS or Zen or ...)
may not get a proper interface for analysis.

Ingo.