[Computer-go] Commercial Go software and high-end users

Gian-Carlo Pascutto gcp at sjeng.org
Wed Jun 1 00:45:34 PDT 2016

On 31-05-16 22:56, David Ongaro wrote:
> Isn't e.g. TensorFlow Apache 2.0 license and would allow its
> inclusion in commercial products?

TensorFlow relies on CuDNN for good GPU performance. Almost all
libraries do, because CuDNN is hand optimized by NVIDIA, and hence
rather hard to beat.

(Except if you have AMD hardware, obviously :-)

> I might overestimating it, but on the other hand I guess a Professor
> like RĂ©mi has much more obligations other then writing Go Software.
> So anything which could save time helps.

I don't really want to answer in Remi's place, but I think he's working
fulltime on Go now. His page states:

"In the *past*, I was Associate Professor of Computer Science..."

--
GCP