[Computer-go] Mastering the Game of Go with Deep Neural Networks and Tree Search

muupan muupan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 20:52:38 PST 2016

Congratulations, people at DeepMind! Your paper is very interesting to read.

I have a question about the paper. On policy network training it says

> On the first pass through the training pipeline, the baseline was set to
zero; on the second pass we used the value network vθ(s) as a baseline;

but I cannot find any other description about the "second pass". What is
it? It uses vθ(s), so at least it is done after training vθ(s). Is it that
after completing the whole training pipeline depicted in Fig. 1, only the
RL policy network training part is repeated? Or training vθ(s) is also
repeated? Is the second pass the last pass, or there are more passes? Sorry
if I just missed the relevant part of the paper.