[Computer-go] AlphaGo and the Standard Mistake in Research and Journalism

uurtamo . uurtamo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 14:06:23 PST 2016

Not to beat a dead horse, but big numbers aren't inherently interesting to
describe.

There are integers bigger than any integer anyone has written down in any
form. This particular integer is large, but "consumable".

I guess I get tired of the "number of atoms in the observable universe"
comparison. Plenty of integers this size or larger can be dealt with in
other ways. (Think factoring).

steve