[Computer-go] Neural Net move prediction

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Thu Feb 4 13:19:47 PST 2016

The method is not likely to work, since the goal of NN training s to reduce the residual error to a random function of the NN inputs. If the NN succeeds at this, then there will be no signal to train against. If the NN fails, then it could be because the NN is not large enough, or because there were aspects of training that were set up incorrectly.

What this comes down to: my experience is that you would be better off making a single network that is twice as large.

This feedback applies strictly to the exact method being proposed. It is very likely that there are other ways to use multiple networks that would be significant improvements over using a single network for the whole space.