[Computer-go] Mastering the Game of Go with Deep Neural Networks and Tree Search

Álvaro Begué alvaro.begue at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:45:14 PST 2016

Aja,

I read the paper with great interest. [Insert appropriate praises here.]

I am trying to understand the part where you use reinforcement learning to
improve upon the CNN trained by imitating humans. One thing that is not
explained is how to determine that a game is over, particularly when a
player is simply a CNN that has a probability distribution as its output.
Do you play until every point is either a suicide or looks like an eye? Do
you do anything to make sure you don't play in a seki?

I am sure you are a busy man these days, so please answer only when you
have time.

Thanks!
Álvaro.