[Computer-go] Mastering the Game of Go with Deep Neural Networks and Tree Search

John Tromp john.tromp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 09:01:40 PST 2016

For those of you who missed it, chess grandmaster Hikaru Nakamura,
rated 2787, recently played a match against the world's top chess program
Komodo, rated 3368. Each of the 4 games used a different kind of handicap:

Pawn and Move Odds
Pawn Odds
Exchange Odds
4-Move Odds

As you can see, handicaps in chess are no easy matter:-(
When AlphaGo surpasses the top human professionals we may see such
handicap challenges in the future. One may wonder if we'll ever see a
computer giving 4 handicap to a professional...

So how did Nakamura fare? See for yourself at

https://www.chess.com/news/komodo-beats-nakamura-in-final-battle-1331

regards,
-John