[Computer-go] Having an "estimated winrate" on the AGA pro game broadcasts

Robert Waite winstonwaite at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 16:10:31 PDT 2016

Estimating winrate is actually a very challenging problem.. particularly in
early and midgame. AlphaGo did create a value network that could help.. but
dont think any value networks are publicly available and even then cant
trust till later in game.

Could get guesses for next moves from a supervised learning network
though.. looking like this for example.. but maybe not fun.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BbrXeL6VyCeDVtajBUMFh6RGc/view?usp=drivesdk