[Computer-go] Operators for Frisbee Go Simulation

John Tromp john.tromp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:55:19 PDT 2016

> The point of the rule is ease of implementation for computer programs,
> to promote adoption. A program that already plays Go will probably keep
> tabs on legal plays, not every board intersection, so this rule reduces
> the scope of things that need to be changed.

This is a very minimal reduction in code complexity.
Instead of the move generator having to consider all legal plays plus
their neighbours,
this rule allows it just to consider the former. Routines for adding
the set of neighbours
to a point set are already quite common in Go engines.

I think adoption benefits more from having a clean ruleset.

regards,
-John