[Computer-go] Operators for Frisbee Go Simulation

John Tromp john.tromp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 06:41:59 PDT 2016

>> On frisbee Go itself I used the following definition:
>> 1. An intended play must be legal -- no playing on top of a stone hoping
>> it 'falls' to the neighbor positions.
>
> Accepted.

What's the point of this rule?

I feel it is an unnecessary restriction, similar to the no-suicide rule,
and would vote against it.

As I said before, it suffices to have positive probability of a legal move.

In real life frisbee go, a player doesn't need to state his intended throwing
target, so if it ends up landing in a legal place, it's accepted, regardless
of whether it was aimed there, or at a possibly occupied neighbour.

regards,
-John