[Computer-go] Maximum Frequency method

Hideki Kato hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp
Sat Sep 5 16:57:40 PDT 2015

uurtamo .: <CADg0iNBRQg9d1MY2VWEJ_n4GkRZbL5iOYO6Bscrh7mPhFCsQJA at mail.gmail.com>:
>BTW: have you tried other distributional difference metrics, or does K-L
>have properties that you like?

No. #I haven't tried any distributional difference. The paper is not
mine.

As MC simulations add big randomness to the scores, I wonder if
maximizing frequency method is better than simple average.  My
expectation is it's almost the same.  Improving simulations has much
more priority for me.

#Mathematically, K-L divergence would be the best measure. anyway.
Problem is maximizing frequency may not approximate maximizing the
divergence due to the simulations' random biases.

Hideki