[Computer-go] PhD in Computer Go?

Leandro Marcolino leandromarcolino at gmail.com
Tue May 26 19:12:08 PDT 2015

Hi, Alexis,

You may also want to take a look at Alberta University (Martin Muller) or
Université Paris-Dauphine (Tristan Cazenave). Overall, you could take a
look on some volumes of the *IEEE Transactions on Computational
Intelligence and AI in Games *(
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/RecentIssue.jsp?punumber=4804728) and see
who publishes on the topic. You can also check survey papers about Go or
Monte Carlo Tree Search, etc. I would imagine that any researcher that
works with games or board games could be interested in advising about
Computer Go.

I myself have been using Go a lot during my PhD (
http://teamcore.usc.edu/people/sorianom/). So you may also be able to use
Go as a domain to research about some other topic (in my case, voting and
teams, for example).

Best,
Leandro