[Computer-go] CGOS

Detlef Schmicker ds2 at physik.de
Fri May 22 10:46:14 PDT 2015

OK,

it was up for about 3 weeks now for 9x9, 19x19 and 25x25 (with a gnugo
anchor running all the time on every boardsize), with very few short
breaks (I had to reboot my system due to using a MIDI keyboard:) I am
not sure, if the bots reconnected automatically, or if the authors
reconnected the manually, maybe somebody has a feed back on this.

Not too many bots connected, but 13x13 on cgos.boardspace.net is quite
empty too.

I wonder, if it would help to put it up once a week or so, with
announcement, and take it down again, if the number of bots falls below
5 or so?
Maybe this would bring more bots connect at the same time?!
I do not have the resource (and do not want to spend the energy costs)
to keep a number of strong open source bots up, so bots from 900 to
2700ELO could use cgos with some sense.

Detlef