[Computer-go] CGOS

Detlef Schmicker ds2 at physik.de
Sat May 2 23:02:36 PDT 2015

Hi,

I really did not do a lot:

mainly I run make in the server directory, and got an error message that
the sqlite version did not match (after trying to start or imediatly, I
do not remember)

cgos.vfs/lib/sqlite3/pkgIndex.tcl:package ifneeded sqlite3 3.3.5

this line had 3.3.4

now I start with
gnome-terminal --tab -e "./cgos-linux-x86_64 cgos19.cfg" --tab -e
"./webuild-linux-x86_64 cgos19.cfg" --tab -e "./http_server.sh" --tab -e
"./cgosGtp-linux-x86_64 -c gnugo-3.8-a0.cfg"

with for web serving

detlef at ubuntu-i7:~/cgosboar$ cat http_server.sh
#!/bin/bash
cd public_html
python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8080

to have all 19x19 in one gnome-terminal

As you see I run the binaries produced, not the way in the
install.readme file.

This is what my sources looks like, it is some months ago that I
downloaded them..

http://physik.de/cgossource.tar.gz

My 9x9 webbuild sometimes crashes with database locked, I think this is
because at the moment the games are very fast, but we will see....

Detlef

P.S.: I do not have tcl experience, so repacking would be try and error

Am 03.05.2015 um 07:35 schrieb Joshua Shriver:
> Would you be willing to help me revitalize cgos.computergo.org?  I can
> even give you ssh access.
>
> This we your server can sit on a dedicated IP/domain  and we can kinda
> refresh things a bit and have a clean work/server space.
>
> Just let me know.
> -Josh
>
> I'm still curious how you got around the myriad of SQLite issues. I
> know when I tried running local, I had to repackage the tclkit server
> by copying a local built sqlite.so. file
> Lots of kinks and issues, but to be honest you are doing a better job
> at me at understanding/running it.
>
> So I can at least offer dedicated space.
>
> On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Detlef Schmicker <ds2 at physik.de> wrote:
>> 8084 for 25x25 with GnuGo 3.8 as ELO 1800 anachor is up for a while now :)
>>
>> 9x9 too, (13x13 I will not set up, original cgos is running fine on 13x13)
>>
>> Detlef
>>
>> Am 02.05.2015 um 07:21 schrieb Detlef Schmicker:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I set up a CGOS server at home. It is connected via dyndns, which is not
>>> optimal of cause :(
>>>
>>> physik.selfhost.eu
>>>
>>> Ports:
>>> 8080 (webinterface)