[Computer-go] Liberty races in playouts

Hiroshi Yamashita yss at bd.mbn.or.jp
Fri May 1 11:20:45 PDT 2015

Hi Ray,

> For the black(X) string (at B9), how do you detect that it has equivalently
> three liberties in your implementations? And how do you detect that it
> changes to 2 liberties after playing White F9? Do you use the semeai

Aya thinks it has 2 libs, not 3. And in left case, Aya understands
 if W plays F9, W can play D9 next. It is detected by checking lib
 1 stones only in UCT tree. In right case, previouse move connects
 lib 2 stones, and it libs is more than 3, then check W D9 is not
 suicide. It is done in playout.
Maybe I should check increasing libs from 2 to over 3, by previous
 move in playout. Decreasing check is easy though.

Regards,
Hiroshi Yamashita